Remembering
Trevor and Summer and greatGranddaughter #2 (Madilyn Lauren)were here and I was telling them about Ted and they didnt know that story so thought I would just refresh memories.
Ted was born in Pontiac, Michigan at the Catholic Hospital on March 19 1956. He weighed 9 lbs 10 ounces and was having trouble breathing. They put him in an incubator (which are for premmies usually) Heres this huge healthy looking individual and they had to bend his knees to fit him into it.
I evidently had a blood infection of some sort and it affected the baby. The Doctor came in and told me we were having problems and it didnt look good for my baby.
We asked for the Elders to come administer to him. We had to get permission from the head of the Hospital to have the Elders come in and they had to think on it. They agreed and the Elders gave him a beautiful blessing that he would live an be a healthy man and a blessing to his family and to his Church family. Elmer and I prayed that if he could live, We would do our best to raise him in the gospel.
There was much rejoicing when he was able to come home in a week perfectly healthy.
The infection affected his teeth and when his baby teeth came in, they were discolored and very soft.We had to have caps put on his back teeth until his permanent teeth came in. When his permanent teeth came in there was rejoicing
again as they were perfect.We tend to forget all the blessings we have received and continue to receive.
Ted was born in Pontiac, Michigan at the Catholic Hospital on March 19 1956. He weighed 9 lbs 10 ounces and was having trouble breathing. They put him in an incubator (which are for premmies usually) Heres this huge healthy looking individual and they had to bend his knees to fit him into it.
I evidently had a blood infection of some sort and it affected the baby. The Doctor came in and told me we were having problems and it didnt look good for my baby.
We asked for the Elders to come administer to him. We had to get permission from the head of the Hospital to have the Elders come in and they had to think on it. They agreed and the Elders gave him a beautiful blessing that he would live an be a healthy man and a blessing to his family and to his Church family. Elmer and I prayed that if he could live, We would do our best to raise him in the gospel.
There was much rejoicing when he was able to come home in a week perfectly healthy.
The infection affected his teeth and when his baby teeth came in, they were discolored and very soft.We had to have caps put on his back teeth until his permanent teeth came in. When his permanent teeth came in there was rejoicing
again as they were perfect.We tend to forget all the blessings we have received and continue to receive.


8 Comments:
Way to go Great Grandma...you made me feel like it was my fault for bad bay teeth when it was really yours!!!
Great Grand Daughter #3 is on the way!!!
All I can say is I am glad he was able to get a blessing and live to be my husband. The best there is! Thanks for hosting Trev and Summ and Madi. You guys are great!
Dad never tells us his good stories. I never even knew that Dad was born as a monster 9 pounder. That's crazy! What a great blessing to have been in the church when your 4th, sickly child was born. Like mom said, I'm thankful that he was able to survive and be our "Papa."
OK, now do me! Do me!
How about the time I chased Ted out into the street and he got run over? Keep telling stories, Momma.
Bonnie, we love having you as the family historian. These are wonderful memories and we need you to keep posting. When are you coming back down here? Your room is waiting...
Thanks for writting all of this grandma. I never knew that story about Ted either.
I just read the history you put up as well. Great information that I also didn't know!
Love you--
Danny
What an amazing story, Grandma? It is a great reminder of the power of the priesthood. Luckily that baby made it and was able to have four "darling" children. I love these stories! Keep them coming! I now know why Casey was so big. I can't believe dad was a nine pounder!
Post a Comment
<< Home