Sunday, December 31, 2006

John Edward Keach

John Edward Keach was born 27 August 1820 in Burton Latimore, Lincolnshire, England.
He married Charlotte Bailey(born 1821 in Old Barrow Fen, Lincolnshire, England) between 1840-1845 and I think in Lincolnshire. I have not found marriage certificate yet.However, their first daughter MaryAnn Keach was born 7 June 1846 in Newborough, Northhampton, England and on her baptism certificate the surname is spelled Keech. Whether that is a misspelling or the name was changed later I do not know.
They had 3 daughters, Mary Ann (our line) Eliza and Sarah Jane. Mary Ann married
George Vickars Andrew. Sarah Jane married Fredrick Knightley and had Louisa, Alfred and Charlotte. Eliza married Jacob Cooke and had one son Isaac.
In the 1881 census they lived at 58 Fen road, Holbeach and he was a farmer with 85 acres and 3 men and a boy working for him.His grandson Isaac cooke was living with them and was listed as a student.
In the 1891 census he was retired and they were living at 51 Barrington, Holbeach, and Hannah Andrew, his granddaughter was living with them as a helper and servant.
John Keach died 29 December 1898 in Holbeach, Lincolnshire, England. We think this is where Hannah Andrew was living when she met John Joseph Seamons Peck. He was married to Isabella Marianne Braund 3Dec 1889 and they had a son Josiah Edward Seamons Peck born 17 Jan 1892. The story was there were twins, but I can only find records for one son. But thats another story.
I will send you copies of the pedigree charts so you can get an idea of where people are.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love reading about our long ago family. Their stories connect us in ways I could not begin to imagine until I read about their lives. Imagine coming across the ocean to this land without knowing what would happen. I think it took an inordinate amount of courage. And having to learn a new language and customs and...It makes what we go through seem pretty tame in comparison. And had they not had the courage we could still be there. Thank you, dear grandfathers and grandmothers.

12:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home