Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Mary Ann Keach Andrew

My Grandmothers Hat belongs to Mary Ann Keach Andrew. She is Elmer Heids great grandmother on his Grandmother (Andrew)Pecks line.
She was born on 7 June 1846 in Newborough, Newhampshire, England. She married George Vickers Andrew on 30 May 1866 in Spaulding, Lincolnshire, England.
She had 13 children and raised only 4 of them. Can you imagine doing this without the Gospel principles to help you cope? Grandma Hannah Peck was the 6th child
and the first one to live to adulthood.
It is said that Grandma Keach Andrew lost 4 children under 5 in one year.
I cannot find proof of this but the mortality rate was high in those days.
Her husband George Vickers Andrew was a coal dealer and they probably lived
an average middle class life.
George Vickers Andrew died in 1891 and Mary Ann came to Akron, Ohio to
visit and never went home. She had her two daughters living in Akron. Hannah Peck and Rebekah Mohler. She died there the 14th of December1920.
NOTICE THE HAT. What a Grand Lady!

4 Comments:

Blogger Tyler said...

I'm so excited about the blog, Grandma. Keep the stories coming!

10:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mom,
You are so amazing!!! Keep the stories coming and be sure to add some of your own personal experiences!!! Love you so much!!

11:14 AM  
Blogger GrandmaBonnie said...

you make me so excited with your comments. I will just get busy and do more.

9:38 PM  
Blogger grammatracy said...

Bonnie this is so fun. I love hearing the stories, although thinking about the trials they went through makes me sad and makes me wonder if I would have had what it takes to survive back then. I can't even go there in my mind, losing that many children. Tell us about your day too!

9:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home